Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls between Publisher and Subscriber

Enrico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!,

I have a Callmanager Cluster with two servers in the same group (Callmanager version: 4.3).

For  load balancing purposes I defined two device pools with inverted server  priority callmanager groups. This way, phones register equally on both servers  and all of them can correctly get to PSTN through the gateway. By the  way phones registered on one server can't make calls to phones  registered on the other server.

Both device pools parameters are  indentical with the only exception of the Callmanager Group with  inverted priority with respect to the other Callmanager group.

When I try to make a call between phne registered on different servers I hear a fastbusy tone.

Thanks to all!

7 Replies 7

Hi Enrico,

Can you check tha both CUCM have the same Callmanager version installed.

For further troubleshooting check CUCM logs and see if you find an error similar to Sdl Link Connection Refused.

Let me know

HTH

Bye

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Many thanks, Carlo, for your kind and quick reply.

I'll check tomorrow both CUCM server versions and look for such error on server logs.

Bye,

Enrico.

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Can you confirm the region setting in both device pools is correct and not causing a codec mismatch.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi!

I'm pretty sure that region settings are the same in both server (the default region G.711 on both). Tomorrow I'll confirm it.

The two device pools have been created by copying the first one and by only changing the callmanager group, so this is why I think that all the other parameters are the same.

Thank you,

Enrico.

Hi,

This sounds like your cluster is split, IE operating as 2 seperate clusters. SQL database replication issues

Try looking this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/4_3/cm431ins.html#wp516898

HTH

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Agree with Alex here, region configuration is not tied to a server, it is cluster wide configuration, so if the phone is configured the same but is registered to another server when it does not work this clearly indicates DB replication issue.

See if you can get your hands to dbhelper.exe application to assist the troubleshooting and resolution.

HTH,

Chris

Enrico
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all! I solved by simply rebooting the Publisher... I'm glad of having this problem sorted out but I'm not really satisfied of the way it has been solved, I'm just looking for what it could be the issue... Before restarting the server i checked all region configuration and database replication status with dbhelper and everything seemed to be ok... I also checked for errors in CUCM logs, like Sdl Link Connection Refused suggested by Carlo, but didn't find anything...

Anyway, thank a lot to you all!

Bye!

Enrico

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: