cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls for one number ring other numbers too

travisbarden
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 8.6. One user, User A, has a number, say 1111. When someone calls 1111 it rings his phone and also rings User B who is at number 2222.

1111 is not forwarded to 2222. User A has a 7942, Jabber, and IP Communnicator. The digest user for User A's Jabber was User B because the Jabber device was Super Copied and not changed. User A is now the digest user.

User A and B only have their own devices in Controlled Devices. Dialed Number Analysis shows that dialing 1111 goes to 1111, not 2222.

They are not in any Call Pickup Groups.

Any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What if you dial 2222, does phone B ring as exepcted?

If you go to DN 1111, what devices are listed under the "Associated Devices" box?

Chris

Dialling 2222 dials B as expected.

Associated devices are: his 7942, Jabber, IP Communicator, and UDP. They all only have the number for User A.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check dependency records for your 1111 configured phone/extension and also check route plan report to see if anything else is configured with 1111 that has CFWD or CFWD unreguistered settings that are still pointing to 2222.  

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

xiaobaibc
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check user B, is there another line 1111?

My coworker ended up deleting the phones for User A. Calls are working as expected. I would have liked to have known the problem, but it is working now.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Edit: I did not see any lines configured on User B for 1111.

Message was edited by: Travis Barden