Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls on the customer service hotline drops intermittently.

When the custome calls on the customer service hotline and agent answers the call gets disconnected

5 out of 10 times a call comes in, the agent tries to pick up the call and the call drops. He is using Call Manager 4.02A and IPCC version 2.51.

I am not IP Telephony trained and I got into a situation to find out the reason for this. What sort of logs and from where (Call Manager or IPCC Server) should I ask for. Any pointers on troubleshooting this problem will help me.

4 REPLIES

Re: Calls on the customer service hotline drops intermittently.

Hi,

What is the mode of connection to the Hotline, E1/T1 PRI, what is the IOS Version on the Router and how many calls are dropping?, you could enable detailed trace under the Cisco Call Manager Serviceability under the administration page on the Call Manager, I think u can enable the trace on the IPCC also (not sure about this) and then decipher the trace, probably a debug ISDN Q931 on the router also should help u to understand the call disconenct code.

Let me know if this helps u to troubleshoot.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriharshaa Prabhakar

Senior Network Engineer

Computer Network Systems

P.O. Box: 46144, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Tel :( +971-2) 6442888, Ext 2411

Mobile :( +971-50) 5212956

sriharshaa.prabhakar@cns-me.com

Silver

When a call is already set up and u get a disconnected then the think you should check are:

IP-Phones, Gateways and Switch or Router in between. CCM and IPCC do Signaling and Call ROuting but as soon as you have your voice Path the IP-Phone and the Gateways will be the points to check on. are you using H323 or MGCP? how many gateways?

Also try using some sniffer on the phone (Ethereal) and see which message from the callmanager or Gateway is missing.

Zin-Elabidine Karzazi

Thank you very much. These forums are a great way for getting tips on troubleshooting when the person handling the call is totally unfamiliar with the product or technology - IP telephony in this case for me.

Please rate the solution

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content