Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls to PSTN Emergency numbers failing after rings

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello guys,

I  am having an issue whereby a cucm ver 8.5x  sending the emergency calls to a H323 gateway always fails. The phone rings for about 4 or 5 rings then the call is dropped. I suspect the emergency services are expecting something that I am not sending.  the call routing works fine because i can call regular numbers. . its's just emergency numbers that are failing.

Any user info, even something that would point me in the right direction would be helpful.

cheers

4 Replies 4

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

Can you post the dial peer config on your H323 gateway? Have you run a debug on the gateway to see what is happening to the call? If so can you post that as well please.

no i dont have access to it yet. right now , i only have access to cucm. i am still trying to get the login details for the gateway. the only reason i posted the question cos i saw somethinga about emergency calls failing due to number type. i was hoping someone has come across this before.

cheers

Debug isdn q931 will reveal what the issue is.  Try sending the call as ISDN plan/type UKNOWN/UKNOWN.

HTH,

Chris

turn out to be a minor problem. as soon as i had access to the devices, it was clear that the calls were not follwing the right path.