Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Calls to PSTN Emergency numbers failing after rings

Hello guys,

I  am having an issue whereby a cucm ver 8.5x  sending the emergency calls to a H323 gateway always fails. The phone rings for about 4 or 5 rings then the call is dropped. I suspect the emergency services are expecting something that I am not sending.  the call routing works fine because i can call regular numbers. . its's just emergency numbers that are failing.

Any user info, even something that would point me in the right direction would be helpful.

cheers

4 REPLIES

Can you post the dial peer config on your H323 gateway? Have you run a debug on the gateway to see what is happening to the call? If so can you post that as well please.

no i dont have access to it yet. right now , i only have access to cucm. i am still trying to get the login details for the gateway. the only reason i posted the question cos i saw somethinga about emergency calls failing due to number type. i was hoping someone has come across this before.

cheers

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Debug isdn q931 will reveal what the issue is.  Try sending the call as ISDN plan/type UKNOWN/UKNOWN.

HTH,

Chris

turn out to be a minor problem. as soon as i had access to the devices, it was clear that the calls were not follwing the right path.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content