Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a Cisco phone make calls via router to a residential phones

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Example

10 cisco phones behind a CME router in a business to a residential phone in the outside world?

Do all connections need to be router based?

And how does an ISP communicate to a Cisco router using DID?

And does the ISP have to give certain information to the client in order for the clients Cisco phone calls to be connected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can configure a dial-peers as below for outgoing calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 9T       (this will route all calls to FXO and here 9 as a access code)
 port 0/1/2                           (this is port where FXO has connected at router)

You can refer below link and CME admin guide as well for further understanding.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/52311

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To connect calls to outside world basically you need to have some type of trunk (E1/T1/FXO/SIP Trunking) between ISP & CME router and when you will have this then you will get a DID from service provider and you can use these to connect with outside world's phones.

And for this you need to create dial-peers in CME to route external calls to trunk/ISP.

Hope this helps.

Suresh

Thanks Suresh for this.

Is there a procedure Cisco has for this please as I have contacted my ISP and all they gave me was a DID number. 

What connectivity you have got/bought from ISP ?, i means is it e1 or T1 or FXO or SIP Trunking ?

Suresh

FXO

You can configure a dial-peers as below for outgoing calls:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 destination-pattern 9T       (this will route all calls to FXO and here 9 as a access code)
 port 0/1/2                           (this is port where FXO has connected at router)

You can refer below link and CME admin guide as well for further understanding.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/52311

Suresh

Thanks Suresh. I have done this already

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: