cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can cisco uccm version 8.5 emulate a old nortel line side t1

gene
Level 1
Level 1

We migrating from Nortel to Cisco and our IVR hoks to the nortel using a line side t1 card. This card basically provides 24 analog ports to the ivr over a t1 connection. I was thinking we could set up a router with a cas t1 and program all the ports for fxs. Not sure if we can do this with mgcp or if it has t be h.323. But the big think we are wondering is will the fxs ports on a t1 support a hookflash transfer like the nortel analog do?

6 Replies 6

Terri Anito
Level 1
Level 1

Gene- did you get an answer to this question?  thank you.

Yes that is possible and the hookflash transfer should work too.

However the best approach is to migrate the IVR also, for example to Cisco Unity Express.

The IVR is a telebanking IVR for a Credit Union.  Cyberbranch by Symitar, so it would have to be upgraded.  Today, it is an option to transfer to the telebanking system off of a Nortel CallPilot voicemail system.  We are migrating them to a Cisco platform and need this function off of the auto attendant.

Do you have any white papers on how to set up the Cisco as a line side T1 interface just in case the Telebanking system can't handle any other interface without drastic upgrades and expense?

Thank you in advance.

Terri Aniot

I'm not sure about whitepapers.

Integration with legacy system is never easy and I'd recommend you engage a reputable consultant ot UC certified Cisco partner for the job.

jody.wright
Level 1
Level 1

Gene,

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have a need to replicate a Nortel line side T1 for a short period of time until a replacement IVR can be installed.

No the hook flash seemed to be a long shot. The ended up going with a SIP IVR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: