cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CM provide PIC code to carrier on ISDN?

mm7482
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PRI that supports both LD and local calls via CM 4.1. The customer is being prompted for PIC codes by the carrier for LD AND local calls. The carrier claims they cannot disable PIC prompt for local calls. I've tried to enter the PIC code in the CM 7-digit Route Pattern "Prefix" field for calling number but that did not work. (Although that has worked for another carrier's PRI). Does anyone have any other ideas how I could send a PIC to the carrier for local calls? Thanks,

Mike.

2 Replies 2

gene
Level 1
Level 1

I would recomend you change carrier's. They obviously have I problem and will not admit it. I hav hooked up many PRI's and never been ask for a PIC code.

The customer does want to be prompted for PICs on LD numbers, but not on 7-digit local calls- pretty standard. Even though we are sending 7 digits for local calls and 10 digits for LD, they state that the PIC "system" has no way to differentiate and prompts for all calls on the PRI. (I find this hard to believe that this is not configurable on their part, considering we are sending a different quantity of digits. This also does sound to be a pretty standard request).

While I certainly feel the onus is on the carrier to fix the problem, I am being asked for solutions by the customer and want to provide a solution if possible.

Thanks.