cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I add a mobile number to a line group?

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured a line group, hunt list and hunt pilot.

When an incoming call of the number of hunt pilot is made the first line of my line group rings and if there is no answer, inconmig call "jump" to the next line in line group that I configured.

Now I would like to add a mobile number to my "jump group".

I have seen that it isn't possible to add this mobile number to a line group.

How can I do it?.

Thanks, Carlos.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Rule-1: CFA and any kind of forward doesn't work when a phone rings when a call is comming through the HuntPilot.

Rule-2: CFA and any kind of forward works when the phone is called directly.

I ran in this "problem" long time ago, and I think Cisco is correct. You design a perfect Huntpilot/Linegroup configuration and someone can screw this up by just putting a CFA.

The only thing you can do is use the "Hunt Forward Settings" on the Hunt Pilot configuration page.

Be carefull with the "Maximum Hunt Timer" it overrules all other timers!

I have done that for a customer where I configured 15 HuntPilots, and some of them goto "reception" when no one picks up the line, other HP's are going to an IVR explaining that nobody is there and then the call is forwarded to an external number.

This is the closest you can get to your "problem"

JH

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you mean add a "external" number to an hunt group ?

If so, here is a simple method, that works with CME. I think you can use it with CM too.

Configure a DN and set CFA to the number you want. Do not associate any ephone to this DN.

Place the above DN in hunt-group.

That's it.

I have no a hunt-group. These is for Attedant Console.

I wan to add a external number to a line group.

I use CCM 4.1

Even for a line group, what prevents you from using the method I described above ?

It would be a lot of changes.

Adding one DN, set CFA, and add DN to line group is a lot of changes ?

Sorry, It is not a lot of changes, maybe I didn't understand what you say me.

I don't know what is CFA.

CFA is Call Forward All. You set this to the number (external or mobile) that you want to be part of Line Group. As a side effect, you can call this number by dialing the DN (Directory Number).

I did what you say me and it doesn't work.

I put the DN fordwared to a mobile number in the first possition of my line group and incoming calls ring in all the DN in line group except in it.

What's happen?.

As I said, this works for CME, CM may have other restrictions.

Anyway, you should first verify that you can reach the mobile by calling the associated DN. If that doesn't work, you should verify if there are restrictions to forwarding / transfer to external numbers.

I can reach the mobile number calling the DN forwared to this mobile number.

Can anybody help me?.

Adding a CFA to a DN of a cell phone in a line group will not work. It breaks the logic in the hunt group.

If we have 2000 2001 2002 in a hunt list and someone puts CFA on then it breaks the hunt list. Callmanager worked this way in 3.3 but was identified as a bug and was fixed. As far as the question it's self I don't think there is a way to do this. Sorry

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know what can I do?.

Line group works very good but now I need to add a mobile number to it.

Anybody can help me?.

As of CCM 4.1.3, I believe you can overide the Line Group settings based on the forward settings on the line group (i.e. revert to ccm 3.3 behaviour). There is a tick box somewhere on the line group settings to follow the settings on the individual directory numbers in the line group. So in theory, with this ticked you could plan a DN with a CFA to a mobile and see if this will work?

I did it yet and it doesn't work.

It is the main problem that I have.