cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I do MC3810-style CCS on a new platform?

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Here's my config on one of the two MC3810's with a T1 between two sites (PBX at main site, Shelf at remote). Same config on the other MC3810.

controller T1 0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 5 timeslots 17-24 speed 64

tdm-group 3 timeslots 1-2

tdm-group 4 timeslots 3-16

description T1 to WAN Circuit........

!

controller T1 1

framing esf

clock source loop-timed

linecode b8zs

tdm-group 1 timeslots 1-2

tdm-group 2 timeslots 3-16

description T1 to PBX, obtain clking from PBX

!

interface Ethernet0

ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

cross-connect 6 T1 0 3 T1 1 1

cross-connect 7 T1 0 4 T1 1 2

Can I do something like this on an ISR G2/G3 with VWICs? I couldn't find any example configs that didn't use dial peers and destination patterns.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Search drop/insert features and config.

Note that in most cases the enabler to best results is VoIP, not TDM, as the latter wastes bandwidth.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Search drop/insert features and config.

Note that in most cases the enabler to best results is VoIP, not TDM, as the latter wastes bandwidth.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck Roman!

Paolo,

as the follow up, do you know of any way of extending TDM over IP in this case? I've extended TDM over ATM with CES cards back in the day on 7200's, but wondering if we have a solution on ISR G2s. (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk39/tk103/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094569.shtml)

The requirement is to do this without any dial-peers in IOS.

Roman

Cisco has made the CES card EOL and it wouldn't work anyway on the ISR G2.

That leaves you with VoIP, or using another vendor.

My customer has 3845 at the main site and we can find them a couple of 2811 or 2821's for the remote sites, and three NM-CEM-4TE1 cards, and then I could do this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/interface/configuration/guide/ir_cir_em_oip_ps6922_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1045870

what do you think?

Personally, also because I've read ot trouble using these cards, I would rather spend time educating the customer about moving forward with technology (VoiP), rather than backward (TDM/CES).

And I would not go in production today with any EOS item.

Yeah, I'm with you. We are trying to sell them new BE6000 solution to replace old PBX. They might be losing those point to point T1s and need to have TDM to continue working through an IP path in the interim.

Why TDM?

VoIP works fine since many years now, and can transport any voice traffic.