Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can I have a 2921 FXO card detect hookflash (mid-call wink) and generate SIP INFO "flashhook:?

I am trying to replace a competitor’s product with a Cisco 2921. The current product is a SIP to CAMA gateway, where calls come in SIP and go out FXO CAMA to a destination. The destination can perform two subsequent polarity reversals (mid-call wink) during an active call which the product detects and then generates a SIP INFO with “event flashhook”.

Can I set up a Cisco 2921 with FXO CAMA signaling to detect the destination mid call wink and generate a SIP INFO with “event flashhook”?

(destination) --mid-call wink--> (FXO) --> 2921 --SIP INFO--> (SIP UA)

Thanks in advance.

• IP Telephony
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Can I have a 2921 FXO card detect hookflash (mid-call wink)

Please note that technically, flash hook  and  polarity reversal are two different things. Flash hook is brief a opening of the circuit by a phone to the CO, so in fact an FXO card can generate, but not detect flash hook.

Regarding polarity reversal, that FXO card can detect but no generate, it may used by IOS for answer supervision. I do not know of a method to have them generate SIP INFO hookflash, becase as mentioned above, it is a different signalling event.

One could try if a TCL/IVR script is passed the event of polarity reversal, but I'm not convinced it is.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.