Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i have a group VM with 10 users

simmo
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM 7.0; Unity Connection 7.0

I have a broadcast hunt group with 10 phones in it. It forwards to a voicemail, that i have set up as a standard user vm with the same extension as the hunt group.

I can only get 7 phones to have MWI (using alternate extensions), but the customer wants all 10 to register MWI. The phones do not have individual VM, only the group one. Is it possible to achieve?

4 Replies 4

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

You can use the distribution list to do this,

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/1x/administration/guide/acm200.html

Could you explain it more specific where you getting the issue

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

As the previous poster mentioned distribution lists are the way to go.

Unity Connection 7.x introduced a cool new feature called Dispatch Messaging specifically for group messages.

When a message is received it lights the MWIs on all phones in the list.

When a single user listens to and accepts the message it is deleted from all other users voicemail boxes. Users can decline the message in which case it is deleted from their box but remains in the boxes for the rest of the group (If all other members of the list have declined a message the last person in the list has to accept it. A better explantion is given in the link below.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone055.html

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Just to add another method to the great tips from james and Virender (+5 points each guys for your nice work!)

Add a second "shared" line to all Line Group members phones and then set the Hunt Pilot DN as an Alternate Extension on this new line so the Red MWI Lamp would be lit on all member phones.

Lets say the Hunt Pilot number is 5000 and the newly created second line DN's on the Line Group member phones is 2355. Set the Hunt Pilot to Forward (CFNA) to the Unity Pilot #.

Create a mailbox for 2355 with 5000 as an Alternate Extension. When the call routes through to Unity via the Hunt Pilot No Answer Unity should see the CLID of 5000 which will then be connected to the Mailbox on 2355.

Then tweak the Message Lamp Setting in CUCM for the second Line appearances;

For the second Line Setting on (each phone)-

Line Settings for this Device - Changes affect only this device

Message Waiting Lamp Policy - Light and Prompt

The RED Message Lamp will then work for these Second lines on each phone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks all for your responses.

the reason i couldn't use Distribution list is because the users did not have their own VM, and were not subscribers. So to get around that, I have now created them as subscribers, but not set their DNs to forward to VM.

PS have looked at dispatch in lab, and agree it's a good thing.

Thanks again....MS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: