Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I run different CM SW versions on separate clusters

cooper_69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am about to add a CM cluster(Combined Multiple Site model)to a Centralized (multiple-site) model.

HQ CM cluster is running 6.1(2) with plan to upgrade to 6.1(3).

Can I install 6.1(3) on the new CM cluster (remote branch) and still be able to InterCluster trunk between them as well as provide redundency and load balancing.

Thanks in advance

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can definitely have an ICT between different CM versions. Not sure what you mean by redundancy and load balancing. This is not usually done between clusters.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Generally, redundancy and load balancing are done within a cluster and not between clusters. If you are looking for these features and need the two to talk to each other (hence the ICT), you may want to look at having a single cluster with subscriber servers at the branches (Clustering over the WAN). There are some minimum requirements to meet in this scenario such as network delay, etc., but if you meet those it might be a good option for you.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can definitely have an ICT between different CM versions. Not sure what you mean by redundancy and load balancing. This is not usually done between clusters.

Brandon

Cool, Thanks Brandon

I don't think I am sure what I mean.8-)

Load Balance (Remote branch where new cluster is going will cover the Geo region (other remote branches) of phones)

Redundancy (If 1 cluster goes down, we will not lose entire call processing)

Thanks Again!!

Generally, redundancy and load balancing are done within a cluster and not between clusters. If you are looking for these features and need the two to talk to each other (hence the ICT), you may want to look at having a single cluster with subscriber servers at the branches (Clustering over the WAN). There are some minimum requirements to meet in this scenario such as network delay, etc., but if you meet those it might be a good option for you.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

We talked about that senerio. Can you please provide the URL or important information in regards to minimum requirements for this senerio.

Thanks Brandon!

Unified Communications Deployment Models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/models.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: