Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i separate CUCM cluster into different clusters

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have an existing cluster of four servers (MCS 7845, version 7.1.3) and i have two MCS 7845 not configured (new). i want to break my existing cluster into two clusters (2 servers each) and have the new servers on a separate cluster.

Is this possible? what do i need to do?

note that i have licenses on the existing cluster (UWL of professional, standard and entry)

regards,

Ibrahim

3 Replies 3

Jose Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Sure you can. The server  itself  (hardware-wise) is not tied to a "cluster". You can remove 2 nodes from your 4 nodes cluster (System > Server > Delete) and make on of those a new Publisher, and the other a new subscriber. Then you can take the other 2 servers you haven't used at all and build another cluster.

Start building your clusters by installing Callmanager from scratch on each node. During installation the wizard will ask you if you want that particular server to be the primary node (publisher) or a secondary node (subscriber). Also, at some point you will be prompted to input a Security Password. This specific password needs to match on publisher and on subscribers within the same cluster.

For more installation instructions check these document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_1_2/install/cmins712.html

The license files will need to ge generated against the MAC Address of each NIC of each Publisher server.

Is that what you planned to do?

Please rate useful posts

So i need to send email to licensing team to provide me with the licenses i need for each cluster?

What about the node license which is required to add multiple servers to the same cluster? Are they going to provide me all this without any requirement to purchase new licenses?

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

Correct.

Node licenses are required as well as SW_FEATURE licenses. They will send you the licenses as long as you  are entitled for them. The licensing team will check that for you.

Probably you'll want to state how you need the new licenses for 3 clusters, the amount of nodes and device license units, provide the contract number and-or the PAK.

Please rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: