cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I setup a system-wide caller ID number?

ptciscouser
Level 1
Level 1

I want to set my Cisco CME (using version 4.1) to always show the same phone number for caller ID, no matter which actual phone the call is placed from. Is there any way to do that?

I appreciate any help,

Thanks

3 Replies 3

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

You can do a lot of stuff with CME and CM, problem is the provider. For example when you have mutiple BRI interfaces, the provider normally sets the caller-ID to the number belonging to the interface, regardless of what you configure.

With E1/T1 you could set all calls to use the main (head) number.

Hope this helps,

Jan

That's exactly what I want to do, is there any way that you can explain to me the steps necessary to do that?

You have BRI or E1/T1? Because normally each BRI has its own number and you have difficulties setting caller-id

I am not so familiar with CME, but CME uses dialpeers, so you could use the clid command:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008041ef72.html#wp1104547

Read this and try it,

Bye,

Jan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: