cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I SNMP monitor voice call length on a Cisco 3900 voice gateway?

Dan
Level 1
Level 1

We've got 2 Cisco 3900 routers running IOS 15.0(1r)M13, with a number of ISDN cards in them, as our voice gateways to our telephony circuit provider. This last month, we received a significant bill for one specific call through one gateway. On further investigation it would appear the call only lasted 2 minutes on our side, Call Manager saw that our user had hung up and presumably sent the disconnect message to the voice gateway, but the call itself was never hung up on said gateway. We saw the call setup data on our syslog server, but never saw any teardown for the call. Call Manager already has configuration in place to limit the maximum length of a call, but we are unaware of any similar commands for the gateways themselves and in this case Call Manager thought the call had ended correctly.

I want to be able to SNMP the gateways (our monitoring server already does this for various other data every 5 minutes) for current call in progress length, and alarm if this goes over some limit i've configured on the monitoring server. From the command line I can get the values I need in either of 2 ways:

1) show isdn active - 'Seconds Used' shows how long the call has been in progress in seconds

2) show call active voice [brief] - 'CallDuration' shows how long the call has been in progress

I cannot seem to find any equivalent of show isdn active that can be obtained via SNMP. For show call active voice I found this document (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/63607-mib-voip-show.html#s4) which specifically references a Cisco 3600 router. I tried the OID in question (DIAL-CONTROL-MIB::callActiveConnectTime), but whereas the example given for a 3600 shows the peer id from the console output matching up with the ID in the SNMP OID I did not find any such match, and the values I was returned for connect time were the uptime of the ISDN circuit the call was being carried over (47 days, at the time I tested) rather than the time of the specific call.

I also considered the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB::cpmActiveCallDuration, but that OID flat out doesn't exist on this device.

Does anyone out there know how I might get this information off this hardware via SNMP?

0 Replies 0