cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I uninstall DC Directory?

gscanga
Level 1
Level 1

Since I can remember, our phones were able to display 'Corporate Directory' records. Then one day our former sys admin installed the DC Directory plugin and the phones stopped displaying those records. Even the CCM Admin page wont show the list of users anymore.

Can I safely uninstall the DC Directory? And will I regain my corporate directory feature by doing so?

This is CCM 3.2 on Windows 2000 Server.

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Then one day our former sys admin installed the DC Directory plugin and the phones stopped displaying those records. Even the CCM Admin page wont show the list of users anymore.

If you check Uninstall Active Directory Configuration (or Uninstall Netscape Directory Configuration), which is available after an initial installation, Cisco CallManager automatically integrates with DC-Directory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a008011aa73.html

Can I safely uninstall the DC Directory?

No.

And will I regain my corporate directory feature by doing so? No.

Gary,

To simplify the document linked above, essentially you have multiple directory options with CallManager. By default it ships OEM with DC Directory. You can run the Active Directory plugin to integrate with CallManager.

When this plugin is installed it doesn't uninstall or delete DC Directory. It will put the DC Directory windows service in disable state and remove all references in CCM from using DC Directory as your LDAP store to AD. If you would like to go back to DC Directory then you should be able to uninstall the AD plugin and CCM will revert back to DC Directory (but it's been awhile since I did that so read the doc). When DC Directory comes back online after the plugin uninstall then you will see all your records again.

Of course if you want to do a migration you can set DC Directory service to Automatic and start it. Then from there either due LDIF exports (I don't believe are supported by Cisco) or review the configuration via DC Directory Administrator and manually migrate to AD.

Thanks

Fred

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: