cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can i use cisco 2951 cme 9 router to connect different branch location ip phones together with different subnet?

vishu29121990
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I want to do VoIP , with cisco 2951 router with cme 9.0. I just want to know can i connect differnt branch  ip phone in differnt subnet in single centralized cme router 2951.

that is for differnt branch ip phone there is differnt dhcp pool and then interVlan routing or as such.

i have already done it for 1 location ,can i uses that single router to connect there all branch office?

thank you

regards,

vishakha

4 Replies 4

yes, that can be done and is a quite common setup to have the phones in a different subnet then the voice-server. The only cisco voice-system I know that is not capable of doing that is the UC320. There the phones need to be directly connected to the phone-system.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

vishu29121990
Level 1
Level 1

okk thanks karsten.

but i want to ask that,suppoes my headoffice is in marin lines and branch is at thana so can i connect all my ip phones at headoffice in one subnet and branch thana phones in differnt  subnet in single cme 9 router.

and when ever we connect a new ip phone in thana location can it get registerd with cme and getting ip address from thana subnet pool.

can this possible? if yes please tel me how can we do this?

Yes that works. The phones get an IP from the local site with the info where to reach the TFTP-Server (which is typically the CME). From there the phones load a config file and learn the IP of the CME. The rest is pure routing from the phone to the CME.

I don't know where marin and thana is, just make sure that the delay and jitter between the sites is inside an accepted range of < 150ms (latency) and < 30 ms (jitter).

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

jpm122
Level 1
Level 1

Be aware that you're going to need to consider emergency calling, and how calls from the branch office are going to be routed properly if they don't have their own source for dial tone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: