cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use SRST for multiple sites wit separate 911 lines

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

Is it possible to use an SRST (like a 2911 CME/SRST) to support multiple sites. 

We have two sites next door to each other. They are connected by fiber with Cisco switches (vlans) at box sites.

Can I use a single SRST and have two separate 911 POTS lines setup so that each site has it's own unique 911 associated with it?

I can create two separate Voice vlans for the two sites and I could have both 29xx interfaces in use (one for each VLAN), but can I separate the dialing out function so that each vlan uses a unique POTS line this way?

Any other solutions other than two SRSTs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can probably create two dial-peers, one with dest-patt 911 and other with dest-patt 9911 and educate the users of one specific site to dial 911 and other site users to dial 9911. However, from 911 perspective it would be ideal to use separate routers for each SRST site.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can probably create two dial-peers, one with dest-patt 911 and other with dest-patt 9911 and educate the users of one specific site to dial 911 and other site users to dial 9911. However, from 911 perspective it would be ideal to use separate routers for each SRST site.

HTH

Manish

We have to keep the 911 dialing the same at all sites since I already had an idea like that ...but we use 911, 9911 and 8911 for everyone to reach 911 so that they are not confused during an outage.

We will just have to bite the bullet and order 2901 SRSTs for all our small remote sites. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: