cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Meet me conf. beep when participant joins?

On CUCM 7.1.3, I want to have a beep when someone joins.  Otherwise, It would be better to have the participant names announced when joining.  So, my main question is: Can a Meet-me conference be configured to beep when a participant joins?  If not, can I use Unity Connection to collect the name and transfer?  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Anthony,

I believe this is what you are looking for;

Service Parameters Configuration > Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - General)

Party Entrance Tone - True

Hope this helps!

Rob

CUC can do what you want so both are valid options. Just beep or ask name and announce.

Ask Me If I Want to Take the Call

Check this check box to have Cisco Unity Connection ask users whether  they want to take a call before transferring the call.

This option is unavailable when Release to Switch is selected or when  the Transfer Calls To setting is set to the Greeting option.

Note Transfer options apply only to  indirect calls; they do not apply when an unidentified caller or another  user dials a user extension directly.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

Ask for Caller's Name

Check this check box to have Cisco Unity Connection prompt callers to  say their names. When answering the phone, the user hears "Call from..."  before Connection transfers the call.

This option is unavailable when Release to Switch is selected or when  the Transfer Calls To setting is set to the Greeting option.

Note Transfer options apply only to  indirect calls; they do not apply when an unidentified caller or another  user dials a user extension directly.

Default setting: Check box not checked.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jave,

That's what I wanted to know.

Anthony

Thanks Rob,

I checked and this feature is set to true but the customer says that there's no beep when participants join the conference.  Is there another setting, or does something need to be reset?  Or, even a bug maybe?

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: