Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not add H323 gateway again

Nguyen KeThuc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am doing lab with CUCM 7.1. So, I added one h323 gateway (10.15.242.59) and then  I deleted it. Now, I add new h323 gateway (same Ip address 10.15.242.59), one message displays:

"Add failed. One of the required fields on the page has the same value as  an entry that already exists in the database.  Please check the  corresponding Find List page to verify your entry does not exist."

But I also check in route group and gateway list, there are no one which has this IP address.

Thanks,
Thuc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagpreet Barmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thuc,

In addition to Aman's suggestion, please check if there is any Trunk in the call manager (Inter cluster/H225/SIP) which contains the same IP.

HTH

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Thuc,

Please check for router groups,RL and Route patterns if created and pointing to this GW.

regds,

aman

Jagpreet Barmi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thuc,

In addition to Aman's suggestion, please check if there is any Trunk in the call manager (Inter cluster/H225/SIP) which contains the same IP.

HTH

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

Hi.

You can also check if device still exist in the DB by issuing:

run sql select * from device where name='10.15.242.59'

and see if you obtain some result.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

1-Can you go to RL and try to add new RG , and check for if the H323 gateway still appear or not?. If you deleted should not appear on your RL.

2-On your gateway , do show and find if the H323  gateway still exiting or not.

3-Check for device- Gatekeeper, if you configured with the same IP.

4-Try to use other interface on your H323 gateway to register with , till you find the cause of duplicate.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

A workaround is:

Make a loopback IP and it will register with the new IP

Although keep looking where it is configured and let us know.

--

Aman

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

Hi all,

I check in Route group and see that the gateway is still  in

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

try removing IP address of GW from Selected Devices to Removed Devices in Current Route Group members and then, check.

regds,

aman

Hi

Try again to delete , and make sure this time is deleted. Access the H323 gateway and press delete or X and delete all RG or RL which have it . Other solution as i mentioned above try to use other interface and add H323-gateway voip commands under it and reregister your gateway again.

Note:-If you will use new interface for h323 traffic , so make sure that you deleted other commands from other interface.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Hi all,

I checked in Devices--> Trunk and see that the Ip address is existing. Then I removed it and add new h323 gateway successfully.

Thanks all,

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

Thanks for update and ratings.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: