Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not call forward to broadcast hunt group

VoiceDealer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I`ve got a strange phenomenon since some weeks. I did some configuration changes in the past, which seem to have changed something in the correct call routing between to sites.

We have two Call Manager Express. Calls between these sites are made over WAN (not PSTN).

Site one has internal numbers from 100 to 199, site two has numbers from 300 to 399. These are the voip dial-peers:

Site one (172.16.100.3):

dial-peer voice 10 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 3..

progress_ind setup enable 3

modem passthrough nse codec g711alaw

session target ipv4:172.16.101.1

incoming called-number .

voice-class codec 1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

no vad

Site two (172.16.101.1):

dial-peer voice 2 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 1..

progress_ind setup enable 3

modem passthrough nse codec g711alaw

session target ipv4:172.16.100.3

incoming called-number .

voice-class codec 1

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

fax rate disable

fax protocol pass-through g711alaw

no vad

The problem is, when I try to call forward a DN from site two (for example 301) to a Bradcast HuntGroup on site one (for example 199 with numbers 101 and 102), the call can`t be established. If I configure CFNA (12 seconds) you hear three rings and then nothing. The call doesn`t get quit, you just hear nothing.

The funny thing is, that if I configure a sequentiell HuntGroup with the same numbers, it works.

Also if I call from GSM or PSTN to number 301, the Call Forward to the Broadcast HuntGroup would work, but not internal over WAN?!

Could someone explain that behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

VoiceDealer

1 Reply 1

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jens,

What is your CME versions ? And which protocol(SCCP or SIP) are you using for phone registration ?

Thanks

Manish