cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not call outside of our network when I move the number from a Cisco 7940 Series phone and uses a Cisco IP Communicator phone instead with the same number?

Hi,

In our Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.0.1.11000-2 installation, I have just tried to make a Cisco IP Communicator 7.0.3.3 phone work.

I have taken the phone number from my Cisco IP Phone (with the phone number 1595) and installed and configured a Cisco IP Communicator phone instead (with the phone number 6651478).

Now I have renamed my old 1595 number to 15951, and renamed the 6651478 number to 1595. In this way the new Cisco IP Communicator phone should have my old number and I should be able to use it as the physical 7940 Series phone.

If I make a call inside our network, it works fine and if I make a call from my mobile telephone to the 1595 number it also works fine.

But if I tried to call my mobile telephone from my Cisco IP Communicator agent, I only get a strange continuous sound (a sort of triad).

I have attached the configuration settings of my 1595 phone.

What am I doing something wrong?

If I afterwards change the 1595 number to 6651478 and the 15951 to 1595, it works fine again, and I can call my mobile telephone.

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carl

There is no 'CallIing Search Space' configured on this DN.. The CSS determines what this line can dial, whereas the partition determines what dial dial this line.

There are a few things to know about CSSs, but the main one would be that they are configured in two places - the 'Device' and the 'Line'. The two are used in conjunction, so since you have no CSS on the line, I'm assuming that your desk phone has a CSS assigned and the CIPC device does not; therefore when you move the line:

Line CSS (none) +  CIPC CSS (none) = none

or

Line CSS (none) +  Phone CSS (Something) = something

So if you go to your CIPC config and set the same CSS as you have on your desk phone, you should get results.

As a side note, you could just configure the same DN on both phone and CIPC if you aren't running something incompatible with such a setup (such as UCCX). That way both will ring if they are connected and they'll share most properties. You'll still need to set the CSS on the CIPC.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Carl

There is no 'CallIing Search Space' configured on this DN.. The CSS determines what this line can dial, whereas the partition determines what dial dial this line.

There are a few things to know about CSSs, but the main one would be that they are configured in two places - the 'Device' and the 'Line'. The two are used in conjunction, so since you have no CSS on the line, I'm assuming that your desk phone has a CSS assigned and the CIPC device does not; therefore when you move the line:

Line CSS (none) +  CIPC CSS (none) = none

or

Line CSS (none) +  Phone CSS (Something) = something

So if you go to your CIPC config and set the same CSS as you have on your desk phone, you should get results.

As a side note, you could just configure the same DN on both phone and CIPC if you aren't running something incompatible with such a setup (such as UCCX). That way both will ring if they are connected and they'll share most properties. You'll still need to set the CSS on the CIPC.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

You were right! It works now

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Carl-Marius