Views
Helpful
Replies

can not install an update software packet

oracat777
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

when i tried to install the 8.6.2 upgrade packet on my CUCM 7.1.5(the software license is demo), the message appears:

Upgrades are prohibited during the grace period

and I look for the cisco.com then found something

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080a6c01a.shtml#grace

but I do not know how to input those commands it said..

by the way, I want to ask for help that can I upgrade the CUCM to version 8.6.2 from a CUCM in 7.1.5 with software demo license, (I have bought the 8.6.2  legal license) , my CUCM 7.1.5 license just missing, I do not why, but luckly the CUCM with dome license have worked well for a long time.

Looking for your feedback & suggestions.

Thanks in Advance

6 Replies 6

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

with CM 6.1.3 and above i believe you cannot perform an upgrade with demo licenses , you will need licenses both on 7.1.5 and rehost the same for an ugprade to CM 8.6

Hello Nikshah,

thanks for your reply quickly, I just finished a test for the upgrade from newly installed 7.1.5 with demo license to 8.6.2, now the version have already 8.6.2. So I think it is possible to upgrade to 8.6.2 with a demo license in the former version, and I think the key point is the grace period, I guess maybe the demo license will somehow different between the newly install and maybe sometime later, the demo license will be in hte grace period, and you can not do a upgrade.

but I do not know how to do a upgrade with a demo license that is in grace period?

thanks at advance.

yu.

hi,

Can I backup the license files I have uploaded to current CUCM and restore to a reinstalled new CUCM in the same server(I mean the mac and all the Hardware are same)?

thanks in advance.

yu.

Hi Yu,

If the MAC address remains the same . then you do not need to rehost your licences.

Regards

Niket

Hi Niket,

thanks for your reply, the problem is I do not have the CUCM software license 7.0, but I want to upgrade the CUCM to 8.x, can I upload the 8.0 license to the current CUCM 7.0 ?

by the way, if I upgrade the memory or harddisk, can I just shutdown the server usually, then insert the new memory and harddisk, and power up the server(the MAC have not changed). I mean it is no need to reconfigure the CUCM or apply the new license.

thanks in advance.

yu.

Hi Yu,

Licenses now have a concept of SW feature license which has the CM version tag in it, without which you cannot activate the CCM service.

So you cannot upload a CM 8.x license to CM 7.x and vice versa, you would have to rehost it and then purchase the upgrade license file.

Hope this helps

Niket