cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can someone show me how to configure 2 h.323 gateways to failover to one another w/call manager

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I'm not sure on how to make this work.  I need my primary h.323 gateway, Cisco 1900 router, to failover to the seconday h.323 gateway, cisco 1900 router, when the primary fails.  We are pushing t1s/PRIs.  Cisco Call Manager is routing the calls to the gatways.  Thanks

17 Replies 17

I think if you have properly configured a Route List with both gateways under Route Groups then if one fails or PRI not available then a call would take the 2nd gateway. As described above set the parameters Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag = False and Stop Routing on User Busy Flag = False.

we tried this and it did not work.  Thanks

gil.guevara
Level 1
Level 1

We got this to finally work - It turns out the Dial-peers that were in place for the FXS ports were conflicting.  Thanks for all the input.

But now I have another issue - I need a third failover option

Gateway1 -> Gatway2 -> Toll free number offnet

The logical way is to have a translation pattern that takes the calls bound for the gatways and translate them to the toll free number.  The problem is, how do tyou get those calls to hit a translation pattern when the two gatways are down?  Any ideas will be gratly appreciated.