Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't create a MTP on CCM 4.2 SR3 for trunk SIP

reseaucramif
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem to configure a trunk SIP on my CCM 4.2 SR3.

There's no problem to configure SIP trunk on Asterisk, but to configure this on CCM, you must before configure a MTP (Media Termination Point) on CCM.

However, I can't do this because I can't add a new MTP on CCM because I can't the IP adress of my asterisk on cisco. How can I do ?

In Host server, it tell me "not selected"

If you have an idea.

Thanks

Jack

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

???? if you're running IPVMS on your server an MTP is already there, SW MTP can only be created within CCM servers running IPVMS and ONLY if you previously deleted it.

Have you looked at the MTP page of your server?????

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

First, I have to explain you my architecture.

We have a cluster of 3 call manager, CCM1 (publisher), CCM2 & CCM3 (subscriber).

I have a new free PBX installed.

I would like to create a link between my free pbx and my call manager.

For that I created a sip trunk on my free pbx. Now I woult like create another sip trunk on my CCM.

How can I do ?

Hello Reseu,

what Java is saying is that the MTP server is likely already running in your cluster and it cannot be the SIP trunk destination.

you can check looking at media resources> MTP do a find and you should see the ip addresses of your servers

take not of their names (of MTP servers) and then in creating the SIP trunk you should specify one of them as the MTP

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: