cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Set Time and Date in the CUE

rmwhite59
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried setting the time and date in the CUE GUI and using the CCA. The time and date shows correct in both applications. When I go to the CLI and do a shiw clock I get the following

sh clock cme 18:51:52.199 EST Mon Feb 2 2009

sh clock cue 20:22:44.987 EST Sat Jan 31 2009

I can set the time zone in the cue but can not set the date and time, does anyone know how to set the time and date in the cue using the cli?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Raymond,

The "trick" here is that CUE must use NTP

Have you tried these commands?

Problem: CUE Clock Not Synchronizing with CME Router Configured as a NTP Server

NTP on the CUE is unable to synchronize with the CallManager Express. The CallManager Express router is configured as a NTP server. The CUE clock is not displaying accurate time. However, CallManager Express displays the correct time.

Issue these commands in order to overcome this problem:

On the CallManager Express router:

ntp master

On the CUE:

ntp server x.x.x.x

!--- Where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the CME router which is configured as a NTP server.

Once the mentioned configuration changes are made on the CUE and CallManager Express, issue the show ntp status command on the CallManager Express router. You should see that the clock is synchronized.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#k1

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Raymond,

The "trick" here is that CUE must use NTP

Have you tried these commands?

Problem: CUE Clock Not Synchronizing with CME Router Configured as a NTP Server

NTP on the CUE is unable to synchronize with the CallManager Express. The CallManager Express router is configured as a NTP server. The CUE clock is not displaying accurate time. However, CallManager Express displays the correct time.

Issue these commands in order to overcome this problem:

On the CallManager Express router:

ntp master

On the CUE:

ntp server x.x.x.x

!--- Where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the CME router which is configured as a NTP server.

Once the mentioned configuration changes are made on the CUE and CallManager Express, issue the show ntp status command on the CallManager Express router. You should see that the clock is synchronized.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml#k1

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks a million, that corrected the issue

Post from Rob rated 5 above!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Raymond,

You are always welcome here @ NetPro! Glad to be of some small help.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Paolo, thanks for your nice vote as well my friend! It's nice to have you back :)