Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't upload license file for Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1

graham.fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

We have a Cisco Unity Express Version 2.1 AIM module in a 2801 with the standard 12Mbox license. We are trying to upgrade to a 25 mbox license but having a very hard time.

We do the command:

software download clean url ftp://ftp.server/license.pkg

But then get the error:

Online install/download is not allowed due to insufficient FLASH capacity

We have tried many different versions of the above command and tried clearing out old prompts, etc.

Please help!

Thank you!

10 Replies 10

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi friend, did you try to install the mailbox license directly from the ftp server, for example:

se-192-168-1-202# software install clean url ftp://192.168.1.103 (ftp adress)/path/

cue-vm-license_25mbx_cme_2.3.1.pkg username "username"

password "password"

Remember to make a backup of all your configuration frst.

All the best

David

Yes, tried that thank you for the suggestion though. I get the exact same error message.

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try using the boothelper installation of the license. Also, just to be sure, this is a 1GB AIM module, correct?

The process is outlined here (different version, but the steps haven't changed):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_3/install/upg_boot.html

Thanks for that link. I will check it out on Monday and let you know how it goes.

As for the flash size, I couldn't figure out a way to check. Is there a command I can issue that shows usage stats on the flash?

THanks again!

Hi, how can I verify what size my AIM module flash is?

Hello,

I cannot think of a way to do this other than opening the router and physically looking at the AIM module. However, as far as I know, 1GB flash is the default for the AIM-CUE.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi, this probably won't work as it seems like it will erase the flash drive. We just want to install a new license file. Any other suggestions?

Hello,

From my experiences, when using the boothelper to install/upgrade software and licenses, at the end of the process, it is going to tell you that it has detected a previous configuration in flash, and it will give you the option of using the previous configuration, so you should be good to go.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

So do I need to download all of the 2.1.2 software files as well as the license file then? It seems to me if the flash is going to get erased then I would need these files too. It all seems like a lot of hassle to just upgrade a license.

No you should just be able to install the license and thats it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: