Helpful
Replies

Can user record new greeting while someone is listening to their voicemail

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES25.21900-25

CM Admin System version: 8.6.2.21900-5 on C200M2 Servers

We have a mailbox setup where callers call from an outside and listen to a recorded greeting/message for information.  This recorded greeting/message is updated several times daily.  The problem our employees are having is if an outside caller is listening to the greeting/message, they cannot record a new/updated greeting/message.  It becomes a hit or miss attempt, as this line can be called 100 times a day, so it is frustrating to our employees who are trying to update the greeting/message.  Is there a setting or something I can change to allow our employees to update/re-record the greeting/message even if a caller is listening.  If so, I know it would not change for the current caller, just be active for the next call.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Joseph,

Less than 2 weeks till Hockey ...Woot! Woot!

What happens when the user tries to record a new greeting and

someone is listening to the existing greeting?

I just tried recording a really long test greeting (via TUI) on a mailbox and then

made a test call to to that number. While the long greeting was playing

I went back into the mailbox and re-recording a new one & it worked fine.

The long first greeting was still playing to the caller when I finished

recording the new greeting and then on the next call the newest greeting played.

This is not on 8.6 though.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

How are ya Rob.

Re Hockey - I know - I cannot wait!!!!   Getting anxious

Re the question - lol - I will ask them, as they just said they cannot do it.  I will post when I find out.  Thank you so much

Nevermind - I just found out it is a Vector on their old Avaya System.  LOL   I am sure I will be posting in the newxt month or so on how to set this up on our Cisco System.  Thanks again, and let's drop that puck!