Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Can we add space in incoming caller ID's?

Whether phone number digits can be seperated with spaces  or - or some such to break them up for easy to view. I believe its not, but still looking if can be customized in any ways.

If you receive call and caller id normally displayed as 5551211234 what if it would be 555-121-1234.

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What type of gateway it would be ? H.323, SIP or MGCP ?

GP

Cisco Employee

Re: Can we add space in incoming caller ID's?

Actually I just ran into this parameter the other day, not sure when this was added but it does exactly that.

This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager formats an  incoming, 12-digit phone number with hyphens to enhance readability.  This parameter applies to phones that are using the Skinny Client  Control Protocol (SCCP). For example, instead of 911235554567, Cisco  CallManager inserts hyphens, so that the phone displays 91-123-555-4567.  Valid values specify True (insert hyphens) or False (do not insert  hyphens).

This is a required field.

Default:                  False

I have it in my 8.5(1)SU2 and 8.6(2) servers.

I already have that numbering format for calling in my lab so I'll also give it a go.

EDIT: Just tried it and works just fine, during the ring out it will show as explained in the parameter help, in the missed, received calls it shows with no hyphens

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
7 REPLIES
Community Member

This is regarding CUCM 8

What type of gateway it would be ? H.323, SIP or MGCP ?

GP

Community Member

Its MGCP

Community Member

Inadvertently clicke on correct answer

Cisco Employee

Re: Can we add space in incoming caller ID's?

Actually I just ran into this parameter the other day, not sure when this was added but it does exactly that.

This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager formats an  incoming, 12-digit phone number with hyphens to enhance readability.  This parameter applies to phones that are using the Skinny Client  Control Protocol (SCCP). For example, instead of 911235554567, Cisco  CallManager inserts hyphens, so that the phone displays 91-123-555-4567.  Valid values specify True (insert hyphens) or False (do not insert  hyphens).

This is a required field.

Default:                  False

I have it in my 8.5(1)SU2 and 8.6(2) servers.

I already have that numbering format for calling in my lab so I'll also give it a go.

EDIT: Just tried it and works just fine, during the ring out it will show as explained in the parameter help, in the missed, received calls it shows with no hyphens

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Hall of Fame Super Gold

I've removed my incorrect answer, and rated java's above

Community Member

Thank you Java, GP & Paolo!

It worked, when call comes it reflects as it is. In dirctory again it show, as abbrviated (without dashes) again in detail calls it shows with hyphens.

Thanks a ton, cheers,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content