cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we send CUCM / Unity connection Audit logs to SNMP Server ?

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've a query on CUCM and Unity connection 8.6.

Can the audit logs be sent to SNMP?

I checked the following URL which says the logs can be scheduled for download through FTP/SFTP but I have a client who wants to send them to a SNMP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/rtmt/rttlc.html#wp1164225

I would appreciate any insight into it.

thanks,

Kapil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

No, CUCM cannot deliver any type of log over SNMP. You can only use RTMT collect them, or configure a schedule trace collection to an SFTP server. SNMP is not a protocol designed to transfer large amount of log files, there should be no problem with using SFTP.

The customer should have an SFTP server already for it's CUCM backups.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kapil,

I think Cisco's other products namely CUOM/CUSM already work on same logic. You might want to explore those options.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi GP,

Are you saying there is no way to send Audit logs to SNMP without using CUOM/CUSM?

I know we can send alerts to SNMP without using CUOM/CUSM, but I need to know if Audit logs can also be sent similar way or not?

I am looking for a precise answer on the inbuilt capability before advising my client to look for CUOM/CUSM.

See if you can help.

Thanks,

Kapil

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

No, CUCM cannot deliver any type of log over SNMP. You can only use RTMT collect them, or configure a schedule trace collection to an SFTP server. SNMP is not a protocol designed to transfer large amount of log files, there should be no problem with using SFTP.

The customer should have an SFTP server already for it's CUCM backups.