Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Can you ad-hoc a meet-me conference in CME?

I was wondering if you are able to ad-hoc conference a meet-me dn that already has a meet-me conference established. You can do this in CM but I have not been successful doing this in CME version 4.1. I am using hardware based conferencing and ad-hoc and meet-me are operational. Is it possible?

• IP Telephony
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Can you ad-hoc a meet-me conference in CME?

Hi Patrick,

Sadly, this is not supported;

Restrictions

•When a three-way conference is established, a participant cannot use call transfer to join the remaining conference participants to a different number.

**•Three-party ad hoc conferencing does not support meet-me conferences.

From this excellent CME doc;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide - Configuring Conferencing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1010335

Hope this helps!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

I question whether this only applies to three-way conferencing, i.e. software based conferencing. I'm not using software conferencing so I am able to conference more than three parties.

Can anyone clarify if this also applies to hardware based conferencing?

There is a separate set of restrictions for h/w based conferencing. It does state the following so it appears that may question may be answered. I question it though because I have a teaming partner that swears they perform this function all the time with CME.

-A participant cannot join more than one conference at the same time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.