cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you ad-hoc a meet-me conference in CME?

pjweppner
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if you are able to ad-hoc conference a meet-me dn that already has a meet-me conference established. You can do this in CM but I have not been successful doing this in CME version 4.1. I am using hardware based conferencing and ad-hoc and meet-me are operational. Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

Sadly, this is not supported;

Restrictions

•When a three-way conference is established, a participant cannot use call transfer to join the remaining conference participants to a different number.

**•Three-party ad hoc conferencing does not support meet-me conferences.

From this excellent CME doc;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide - Configuring Conferencing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeconf.html#wp1010335

Hope this helps!

Rob

I question whether this only applies to three-way conferencing, i.e. software based conferencing. I'm not using software conferencing so I am able to conference more than three parties.

Can anyone clarify if this also applies to hardware based conferencing?

There is a separate set of restrictions for h/w based conferencing. It does state the following so it appears that may question may be answered. I question it though because I have a teaming partner that swears they perform this function all the time with CME.

-A participant cannot join more than one conference at the same time.