cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you bulk edit CUCM users to assign their Primary Extension

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

I imported several hundred phones/users into CUCM via BAT.  On the User Template, I checked the box labeled "Default Telephone Number to Primary Extension" but it seems that it is ignoring this.  The Telephone Number field is populated and the user is associated with their phone but the Primary Extension field isn't populated.  I can go back to my Excel sheets, add the field in, use a concatenating formula to populate the field, and re-import, but I'm hoping someone knows of a better way.  I could also export the users into a sheet, enter the info into the blank Primary Extension field, and re-import the users, but I'm looking for something more polished.

TL;DR   Is there a way to make CUCM assign the Primary Extension on existing users in bulk that doesn't involve Excel sheets?  A query-based change I'm missing or something like that.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tony,

This is was I eventually did.  I was just hoping there was an easier way to do it.  I'm not sure why it ignored the check box when importing against the user template.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tony Cilli Jr
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you're overlooking a BAT file to do this, I just don't think it's there.. But definitely seems like something that should be "Query-able". Easiest way to do this and avoid the concatenating formula would probably be an export all users info, copy the Extension field over to the Telephone number field then import it. Should be pretty quick honestly.

HTH,

Tony

Tony,

This is was I eventually did.  I was just hoping there was an easier way to do it.  I'm not sure why it ignored the check box when importing against the user template.

i've just done this successfully on cucm 10.5.2

i exported all users with BAT - all details, then added the entries for Primary Extension, then deleted all columns except for User ID and Primary Extension

then created a new user template with nothing selected

Uploaded as a Users- Custom File

then Bulk Administration - Users - Update Users - Custom File

use the new template and run immediately

Nick,

On this file you created what do have as the headers?  BAT needs to be exact.  Not seeing the primary extension i'm not sure how it is listed

UserID,Primary_Extension ?

if you do a User export with all details, then the headers will be correct. 

below is headers from the file, i just deleted the headers and columns i didn't need 

FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, LAST NAME, USER ID, PASSWORD, MANAGER USER ID, DEPARTMENT, PIN, DEFAULT PROFILE, USER LOCALE, TELEPHONE NUMBER, MOBILE NUMBER, HOME NUMBER, PAGER NUMBER, TITLE, PRIMARY EXTENSION, ASSOCIATED PC, IPCC EXTENSION, MAIL ID, PRESENCE GROUP, SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE, ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI, DIGEST CREDENTIALS, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 1, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 2, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 3, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 4, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 5, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 6, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 7, ACCESS CONTROL GROUP 8, CONTROLLED PROFILE 1, CONTROLLED PROFILE 2, CONTROLLED DEVICE 1, CONTROLLED DEVICE 2, PASSWORD LOCKED BY ADMIN, PASSWORD CANT CHANGE, PASSWORD MUST CHANGE AT NEXT LOGIN, PASSWORD DOES NOT EXPIRE, PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION RULE, PIN LOCKED BY ADMIN, PIN CANT CHANGE, PIN MUST CHANGE AT NEXT LOGIN, PIN DOES NOT EXPIRE, PIN AUTHENTICATION RULE, ENABLE MOBILITY, ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS, ENABLE EMCC, DIRECTORY URI, REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT, MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP, PASSWORD IMSINFO, PIN IMSINFO, USER PKID, CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE 1, NAME DIALING, MLPP USER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, MLPP PASSWORD, MLPP PRECEDENCE AUTHORIZATION LEVEL, HOME CLUSTER, ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE, UC SERVICE PROFILE, SELF-SERVICE USER ID, USER PROFILE, ASSIGNED PRESENCE SERVER