Views
Helpful
Replies

can you hide internal numbers ID on call manager

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

is it possible to hide internal phone numbers when calling another extension on call manager ?

cheers

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Call routing>tranformation>transformation-pattern>calling party transformation..

Attached is a sample config..

Configure CSSthat has access to the xformation partition on 2222 and uncehck use device pool css

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Ayodeji,

let's look at

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/dialplan.html#pgfId-1583423

CCalling and Called Party Transformation Patterns

A calling party transformation pattern allows the system to adapt the global form of the calling party's number into the local form required by off-cluster networks connected to the route group devices, such as gateways or trunks.

A called party transformation pattern allows the system to adapt the global form of the called party's number into the local form required by off-cluster networks connected to the route group devices.

So, I believe, that a call should go to the gateway/trunk...not to another IP-phone.

Regards,
Kirill

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it is. You will use calling party transformation. You configure the extension you want to hide, set the calling party presentation to restricted, assign this pattern/extension to a partition. Then configure a calling party xfrom CSS, assign this partition to it. Go to the devices you want to hide the extension from, uncheck use calling party device pool css, and select the css you just created..Bingo! Every call from that number to these devices will have their CLI witheld..Job done!

Hi There

im stuck on how do do this, could you tell me which pages I need to go into in order?

say I want to hide caller id from 1111 when going to 2222

cheers

Call routing>tranformation>transformation-pattern>calling party transformation..

Attached is a sample config..

Configure CSSthat has access to the xformation partition on 2222 and uncehck use device pool css

Hello!

It is possible, but you need to use Translation Pattern, not Transformation.

Call Routing->Translation Pattern

Then you configure 2222, and Calling Party Transformation. But you will need to use different Partition and CSS, if you want to use this pattern to hide only spcific DNs.

Transormation Pattern is used while calling outside CUCM.

Regards,

Kirill

Kirill..

And who says this cant be done with transformation pattern? Infact that is the best approach as compared to using a translation pattern

Ayodeji,

let's look at

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/dialplan.html#pgfId-1583423

CCalling and Called Party Transformation Patterns

A calling party transformation pattern allows the system to adapt the global form of the calling party's number into the local form required by off-cluster networks connected to the route group devices, such as gateways or trunks.

A called party transformation pattern allows the system to adapt the global form of the called party's number into the local form required by off-cluster networks connected to the route group devices.

So, I believe, that a call should go to the gateway/trunk...not to another IP-phone.

Regards,
Kirill

Kirill,

You are correct, I've uploaded a doc that shows how to exactly accomplish this that will work.

Ryan