Replies

Cannot Access Backup Device in Unity Connection

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

CISCO VoIP System Info:

Cisco Unity Connection version: 8.6.2ES25.21900-25

CM Admin System version: 8.6.2.21900-5 on C200M2 Servers

We recently changed our backup process from a local SFTP server, to on going over our WAN.  Works fine in CM, however, it does not work in Unity Connection.

I was unable to get a good backup, and read on the Cisco Support Forum that I need to restart the MASTER and LOCAL DRF Service.  I did this and they started properly.

However, I am now unable to access the Backup Device to change the IP Address.  When I login and clikc Backup Device, it hangs and does not go to the Backup Device screen so I can change it.

I'm 99% sure I am missing something simple.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

20 Replies 20

mercercourts, did you ever figure out why you can't access the backup device page? I'm having the exact same issue.

I can access backup device and backup to the SFTP server perfectly in CM. 

But when I try to do the same thing in Unity, it just hangs/freezes after clicking backup device. 

Hi Kyle,

try deleting the existing backup device and create new one and check.

regds,

aman

Kyle,

Yes, as stated above, the servers were not restarted for almost a year and the issue was resolved by restarting the CM and Unity Servers.  If you have a chance, try that.  I know it may be tough because I had to do very early in the morning, but it's worth a shot.  Restarts always help with clearing something.  :)

Thanks Joseph and Aman for replying so quickly. Great community.

Luckily I was able to get it working without restarting the servers.

When I went into network services under Backup and Restore, I see this:

Cisco DRF local - not running

Cisco DRF Master - running 

I tried starting DRF local, but it would only run for about 1 minute and then stop by itself. 

Finally, I decided to try restarting DRF Master, even though it was already running. Once I did that, DRF local stayed ON. It didn't stop anymore. 

Now I'm able to open Backup Devices like normal. 

Thanks guys!

Kyle,

Also, you may want to confirm that the IP address/Name of the SFTP server (if that is how you are backing up) has not changed.  This caused an issue with us as well a while back, as the remote server IP changed and we were not informed.  This hung constantly, as it was trying to resolve the IP every time we logged on.

I could restart the server, and that is my last option, because that would have to be done after hours.  We do not have remote capability.  Do you know if there is a way to stop the backup or check to see if it is running, besides actually being in the Backup screen (whihc I cannot access).  I was told that Restarting the Master and Local DRF Agent would do that.  Thanks for the reply and any more assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: