Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot associate an FXO port with an ephone-dn

mhanderson
Level 1
Level 1

Okay,

I have looked through all of the discussions on this topic and I have tried several ways to associate an ephone-dn with an FXO port.

IOS: 15.1(2)T

My simple configuration:

!

voice-port 2/0/8

!

!

dial-peer voice 80 pots

description Telcore_Intercom

destination-pattern 30

port 2/0/8

!

!

ephone-dn  108

number 4179 secondary 2087724179

description Telcor Intercom

trunk 30

!

A user calls 4179 and gets a slow-busy (not reorder). I ran a debug voice dialpeer default

I can see the 4179 extension being sent to ephone-dn 108 but it doesn't go any farther. I was expecting the "trunk 30" to pass "30" to

dial-peer voice 80 pots "destination pattern" but the dialpeer debug stops at ephone-dn 108.

I deleted ephone-dn 108 and created a dial-peer with a destination pattern of 4179 pointing to port 2/0/8 and when 4179 is dialed the Intercom system picks up the call.

I order for this to work as an ephone-dn do I need to associate it with an ephone or several ephones (second button)? I am just testing to see if what I have configured will work, maybe I'm just going at it wrong during the testing of the system.

TIA

Mark

2 Replies 2

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

According to the examples given in the CME admin guide
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wpmkr1158408

You need to apply the trunk to a button on a ephone

For you something like :-

!
ephone 2
button 2:108
!
!

HTH
Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Alex,

That's what I thought. Stoopid me. I was trying to work this remotely and I didn't think it through enough.

Five Stars for you, minus 5 Stars for me.

Mark