Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Edit Dial Incoming Call From PSTN

Luthfi Anandra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently i am facing a problem at our system. The system that used is CME ver 7.0

When someone dial from internal number to an internal number also, let's say from DN 1000 to DN 2000. Then DN 2000 whether it answered that call or not (missed call). From the IP Phone DN 2000, directories and find caller list on missed call and received call, it showed DN 1000 and from edit dial softkey, it showed the number 1000 and we can add or remove digit from there.           

The problem is when the incoming call is came from PSTN to Internal DN , lets say same DN as describe above which is 2000. Whether DN 2000 answered or not. From the IP Phone DN 2000, we can find who call or missed call from the caller list but when we press edit dial softkey, it just showed blank. Let say the caller ID is 29979000, it should have been showed when we press edit dial and we can add or remove digit from there. but all we found is just blank

Hope someone can give a me a suggestion or help about this issue. Thanks for your attention and help

Best Regards,

Luthfi

11 Replies 11

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Luthfi,

I dont know why you are experiencing this behaviour but you can use translation rules to add the required prefix for missed calls, so users dont need to edit the calling number for the purpose of returning the calls

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon,

Thanks for your response,

about the translation rules that you mean, let say i have DN 9036 and the PSTN number is 2997.... (so the DID number is 29979036). And the dial-plan to make outside call to PSTN is using 0. lets say we want to dial the pilot hunting which is 29979000, might configured like below?

voice translation-rule 9036

rule 1 /^2997/ /0/

voice translation-profile 9036

translate calling 9036

voice-port 0/0/0:15

translation-profile incoming 9036

Thanks,

Luthfi

You can use the config below. This config will do the ff:

1. prefix 0 to any inbound local and long distance calls

2. prefix 00 for international calls.

voice translation-profile PSTN-IN

translate calling 1

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(.+\)/ /0\1/ type unknown unknown

rule 2 /\(.+\)/ /0\1/ type national national

rule 3 /\(.+\)/ /00\1/ type international international

translation-profile incoming PSTN-IN

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi aokanlawon,

i have configured voice translation similiar to configuration you shared to me

voice translation-rule 9036

rule 1 /\(.+\)/ /0\1/ type unknown unknown

rule 2 /\(.+\)/ /0\1/ type national national

rule 3 /\(.+\)/ /00\1/ type international international

voice translation-profile 9036

translate calling 9036

translation-profile incoming 9036

but it seems doesnot work, i mean i still cannot editdial the received call or missed call. Though the caller id is displayed in caller list but when i press editdial softkey it just showed blank not the number that showed in list

and in the list it also only showed the original caller id, lets say the caller id 53650828, it doesnot showed 053650828

Anyway thanks for your help. Maybe if i have not resolved this issue , i consider to open TAC

Thanks,

Luthfi

The config is meant to remove the need to edit the caller id. With this, you dont need to edit the caller id..

Can you do a test call and send me the output of

1. debug voip ccapi inout

2. debug isdn q931

3. debug voice translation rule

luthfi,

I cant access the files. I get unable to connect to server error

Ok..on the logs I can see that the there is no caller id on the voip leg. What do you see displayed on the phone? Can you also send your sh run?

aokanlawon

here is the show run

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xanha1thmtxsxm/Show%20Run.txt

Though there is no caller id on the debug, but in IP Phone display screen, it showed the caller id

thanks,

Luthfi

Can you do the following and post the output

1. test voice translation−rule 9036 08128445063 type National

2. Can you also run the debugs again..please run them all together

debug isdn q931

debug voice translation

debug voip ccapi inout