Helpful
Replies

Cannot enable Span to PC port on IP Phone

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have enabled the "Span to PC Port" in CUCM8.5.1,

but when I press the IP Phone 7970 > Setting > Device Configuration > Ethernet Configuration

It shows the "Span to PC Port" is "No"

Any one know what is the problem ? and how can I enable the Span to PC Port on hard phone?

IP Phone 7970

Load File SCCP70.9-1-1SR1S

Thanks

Sam

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

thanks, it works now after reset the phone, i thought the "Apply Config" work the same way... but actually it's not

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!