Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot enable Span to PC port on IP Phone

Hi all,

I have enabled the "Span to PC Port" in CUCM8.5.1,

but when I press the IP Phone 7970 > Setting > Device Configuration > Ethernet Configuration

It shows the "Span to PC Port" is "No"

Any one know what is the problem ? and how can I enable the Span to PC Port on hard phone?

IP Phone 7970

Load File SCCP70.9-1-1SR1S

Thanks

Sam

Everyone's tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Super Bronze

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
3 REPLIES

Did you reset the phone?

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

thanks, it works now after reset the phone, i thought the "Apply Config" work the same way... but actually it's not

Super Bronze

Hi

I never use 'apply config'. When I do, I always doubt that it did the right thing, and end up resetting anyway just to make sure.

Most people find a reset pretty unintrusive (it won't interrupt a call for example) and for users it does disrupt a little (e.g. Agent Desktop users) an apply will often do the same anyway. I prefer to know mu changes have definately applied.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content