cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot login to Cisco Unity Express

jsheppard
Level 1
Level 1

I receive the following error "CUE has lost contact with the host router. Please enter the CUCM username and password". I have tried about everything in every post on this issue but to no avail. Can someone assit me? I have posted the config.

7 Replies 7

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, first of all try this, you don't need these 2 ip routes:

ip route 172.20.45.5 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine1/0

ip route 172.20.45.6 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine1/0

!

Only this one:

ip route 172.20.45.6 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine1/0

Hope this help

David

I removed this IP route, but same result. I am again asked for the web admin hostname of the router, username, and password. I appreciate the help.

Any more ideas?

CM can ping CUE and viceversa ?

Login in cue cli to check.

I am able to ping CUE from the router and I can ping CME from the CUE CLI session. What should I try next?

Thanks

Hi, sorry for this question, but if it is a new installation, did you start or skip the wizard cue configuracion.

This message is also seen when the administrator decides to change the Cisco CallManager Express web administrator username and password, and the new name and password is not updated in the CUE system.

David

I'm not sure if the customer went through the wizard or not. Is it possible to run through it again? If so, how do I initiate it?

Hi, only as a last option you can reinstall the CUE (a factory reset) and start a new configuration again.

First login into the CUE, then use the command CUE-Prompt#offline

CUE-Prompt(offline)>restore factory

and reset.

Take care, all your configuration (voicemail and users) will be deleted.

Best regards

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: