Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot reach voice mail

mohican4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently installed an AIM-CUE 2 module on my 2811 router. I have set everything up on the unity express and the callmanager 8.5 that I have. When I try to call the voice mail directory number (599) or hit the message button on cisco ip phone  I get the message "your call cannot be completed as dialed" . I have checked the voice pilot number at the callmanager and the call in numbers att the cisco unity and they match. What else should I check? Is it maybe a routing problem? 

20 Replies 20

Does the CTI RPs in CUCM and CUE config match???

This is from the CUCM/CUE config link above, if you HAVEN'T gone thru it then you need to check it step by step before anything else.

ccn subsystem jtapi
ctiport 28001 28002 28003 28004
ccm-manager address 14.80.227.127 14.80.227.128
ccm-manager credentials hidden "+DuGhIBvqsghj6p6aBUoRQ4E0vzCD5YHSd8ZZNgd+
Y9J3xlk2B35j0nfGWTYHfmPSd8ZZNgd+Y9J3xlk2B35jwAAAAA="
end subsystem

If they're not registered most likely it's a configuration error (wrong user, wrong association, wrong pwd on either side, etc).

Once you read the WHOLE link on the integration you should have a better understanding of what needs to match in CUCM and CUE.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

I am Sorry to repeat myself but lets see if i can be of more help - please bear in mind that I am running cucm 7. You will need to work out how to do it in cume.

The following will make up key components setting up the VM system:

1) A Voicemail pilot number needs to be setup in CUE- Configure it - i suggest dont use 999, but instead use 599.

Tip - in cucm there is a configuration parameter called: Make this the default Voice Mail Pilot for the system

2) Create any number (perhaps 10) ports in cue - these are called voicemail ports - when you create them, assign each one a directory number - learn how to configure voicemail ports in cue. it would better if you can choose 10 consecutive telephone extensions. they do not have to to DID.

3) Create a Line Group configured to contain the above created ports, name it for example: Cisco Unity Express Line Group. This means that you can have perhaps up to 10 people dialling voicemail at once.

If only one is configured - or at this point zero - this may be the reason why you get the busy tone when you press the msgs softkey. Only You will know how many concurrent user access to voicemail will be needed. you may need 25, you may need 5; adjust the number of ports accordingly. Perhaps you can test with only 2.

These added Directory numbers do not need a voicemail profile (detailed later on), as they are simply used to setup calls between the end user and the cue system

3) You must create a Hunt Group and configure the hunt group to contain the line group named Cisco unity express line group.

4) Create a Hunt Pilot for the same telephone voicemail pilot number (599) - Give this access to be able to call all internal users.

5) From within class of control: Create a partition with a name: part-cue

6) From within class of control: Create a Calling Search space with a name e.g. css-cue

7) Add the part-cue partition to the calling search space

8) Create a Voicemail profile. Inside this, add the voicemail pilot number 599. Give it a name along the lines of: VM-profile-cue

9) Go back to the voicemail port telephone directory numbers and configure them each with the calling search space above

10) Go to each user directory number that wants to use the voicemail system and configure the voicemail profile parameter to VM-profile-cue

I reckon you should now have 10 calls working simultaneously to the voicemail system.

personally, i am learning for the ccna voice at the moment - but i administer cucm 7 day to day - so please forgive me for my lack of step by step explicit instructions with cume. I AM LOOKING FOR HELP FOR PEOPLE TO ELABORATE/INSPECT THIS AND PLEASE give further guidance ????

how do you integrate cisco unity express with cume from the unity express side anyone?

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

cucm = cisco unified communications manager

cue - cisco unity express

cume - cisco call manager express

Thank you Imaran,

very good guide.

I solved my problem finally. It looks like the cti manager service was stucked and the cti route points and ports could not register. I restarted the service and the CTIp and CTIrp registered and everything worked.

Thank you very much for the help and your replies!

what made you come to this conclusion?

Thankyou for giving me my first correct reply.

I am proud of that.

I did everything as you written and followed the cisco guide also so there was no mistake.

I tried a restart of everything because I thought something might have stuck. And voila it just worked!

I read a few other posts that the CTI manager sometimes stucks.