Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Retrieve Unity Connection Voicemail Messages

rferriolo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

When I leave a voicemail message on a 7962 phone, there is an MWI and an Envelope icon in the upper right corner of the phone display, however when I push the Messages button, Unity asks to spell the Last and First name then press # instead of asking for a password to retrieve the message. I cannot find the missing configuration to allow message retrieval.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciatedl

thanks,

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Good Morning Ron,

Based on that rPSM output it's clearly going to the System Directory Handler, it looks as if there was a Direct Routing Rule taking precedence over 1. Attempt Sign in    and   2. Opening Greeting.

Post a screen shot with the list of Direct Routing Rules you have, if there is an additional rule that is first in the order even though 'not being in use' this will match all Direct calls mirroring the behaviour you have, because it works in a Top Down order. Below is an example of the issue:

-Dave

View solution in original post

36 Replies 36

Hi Ron.

Did you associate voicemail profile to the dn?

Ensure that on voicemail profile a mask is not present

Let me know

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by associate the voicemail profile to the DN. I have a voicemail profile configured with a Pilot number/CSS that was configured.

I removed the voice mailbox mask which was XXXX which was obviously non-specific (SAVED & RESET) but no change.

Thanks,

Ron

Sounds like Unity's routing rules are not doing what they are supposed to but answer a few of these questions.

1. Is this issue only with this single phone or all phones?

2. is this phones extension configured as a user account with mailbox on the Unity Connection side?

3. Is this an existing installation or new?

1. The issue is with all phones

2. I not sure I understand this question, however next to the User Alias is every user's phone extension under DTMF Access ID. Don't know if that's what you're looking for

3. New install

The voicemail mask will not have an effect on this behavior.

As long as the DTMF access ID matches whats on the phone your fine.

If it is with all phones that it sounds like it is a Routing rule in Connections that is not working as intended.

Here is a link to the two types and what the defaults are.  Check here to make sure that the direct routing rule attempts a sign-in as indicated in the document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag090.html

Hi Nicholas:

Neither the Direct Routing Rules or the Forwarded Routing Rules have been modified and their status is as follows:

"There are no conditions defined for this routing rule. All calls will be matched"

Regards,

Ron

Hi.

If you configure a voicmail mask in a profile, you will present to UC with calling id other than yours and you can be redirected either to another voicemail box or to a system/directory call handler.

Ron

If you press * at the prompt, are you able to login to voicemailbox with the user DN?

Check on direct routing rule what is selected on "Send to " section (should be call handler opening greeting)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

When I press the * followed by the DN extension, I receive a message: "Sorry that person is not available, record your message after the tone".

Under Direct Call Routing Rules for the Display Name "Opening Greeting", the Call Handler radio button is selected and "Opening Greeting" is selected from the drop down list.

Under Direct Call Routing Rules for the Display Name "Attempt Sign In", the Call Handler radio button is selected and "Goodby" is selected from the drop down list. When I changed it to "Opening Greeting" it had no affect.

Thanks,

Ron

Under

Direct Call Routing Rules

for the Display Name "

Attempt Sign In

", the Call Handler radio button is selected and "

Goodby

" is selected from the drop down list. When I changed it to "Opening Greeting" it had no affect.

Here is the error.

On the Attempt Sing in, Conversation should be selected and "attempt sing in" option from drop down menu

Change it and it should work

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Carlo:

I made the following changes for DIRECT CALL ROUTING RULES - ATTEMPT SIGN IN. I reset everything on both sides and I am still getting a message that "the user is not available, please leave a message after the tone"...

Hi Ron.

So changing the attempt sing in routing rule, changed the initial message you are listening (in your first post UC was ansking you to enter the name of a person).

Is the phone's DN where you are trying to access vm, associated to a voice mail user in UC?

Can you also please share a printscreen of opening greeting routing rule, and System Call Handllers-->>Opening Greeting-->>Edit-->Greetings -->> Standard.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Carlo:

The initial message is: "SPELL THE LAST AND FIRST NAME, THEN PRESS #". I only receive the "HELLO CISCO UNITY CONNECTION SYSTEM" message if i press the asterisk * button then I enter the DN of THAT phone then I receive the message: "SORRY BOB SMITH IS NOT AVAILABLE, RECORD YOUR MESSAGE AT THE TONE".

===================================================================================

CALL ROUTING - DIRECT ROUTING RULES - OPENING GREETING

================================================================================                           

SYSTEM CALL HANDLERS - OPENING GREETING - EDIT - GREETINGS - STANDARD

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ron,

On the Opening Greeting Call Handler can you please check

Edit> Caller Input and make sure that * is locked in to go to

the Sign -In conversation.

Cheers!

Rob

"Why do the best things always disappear " 

- The Band

Hi Rob:

Yes, * and # are locked...

Thanks,

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: