Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot set locale + get corporate directory on 7925G

Sylphide
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a problem with 7925 Wifi phones. I have four Cisco 8961 which work, and they use the same TFTP and CUCM as 7925G.

The 7925G get the correct number from CUCM and can make/receive calls. But they ignore configuration I make in CUCM (Locale, no corporate directory, etc). I have tried to reset factory and to delete ITL file from phone but there is none to delete (ITL Not Found in security menu). Web access is full and menu unlocked. Firmware version is 1.4.5.3 and there is the correct devicepack installed in entire cluster (CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9)

Error message on phone is “Downloading AOM 1/2” and then “Image download failed”. I thought this was only for CME, why does it try to download for CUCM? After that phone registers normally with CUCM but remains in english without corporate directory. No security mode is used.

Thank you for your precious help.

Regards

9 Replies 9

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have access to the phones web page would you download the logs when the phone is reset so we can take a look?

Sure : http://pastebin.com/J6ZRA2DP

Just ignore the "EROR:addSRST: ** no CTL, can't trust Config file" and other CLTFile related errors ; my cluster do not need this file since it is in not secured mode.

The other message ("TFTP JSYSH-1.4.5.3.SBN fail. err = 0, status = 0xb(Exceeded max retries)") is more problematic. I tried to upload these SBN files on my TFTP servers but it could not download it and I do not think this is the fix.

Thanks.  It looks like the phone may not be getting a TFTP IP address based on this message which might be causing the TFTP downloads to fail we see in the logs.  Do you see the TFTP IP address from the phone's web page?

2014-01-23 13:48:09:0200 CP-7925G user.err SCCP: Skinny_get_tftpIp: Could NOT getGNetutilVarVal!

The phone is getting the same TFTP adress as 8961 phones. I do no understand why it cannot reach TFTP. The TFTP adress is the same as the CUCM adress 7925G uses to make and receive calls...

The file JSYSH-1.4.5.3.SBN is not in my TFTP, it is normal the phone cannot find it. But why is it asking for it as I do not use CME? I installed the firmware manually from a TAR file directly from the phone's webpage. I do not need the Java Add Ons.

Maybe it is the firewall which is blocking TFTP between wifi phones and TFTP?

In phone logs I see :

2014-01-26 16:36:53:0550 CP-7925G user.err fwupdate[306]: downloading CP7925G-1.4.5.3/JSYSH-1.4.5.3.SBN failed: Exceeded Max number of retries[11]).

I uploaded CP7925G-1.4.5.3/JSYSH-1.4.5.3.SBN and restarted TFTP service, the phone should find it, right?

I can get config file directly with http://ip_tftp:6970:SEP"MAC".cnf.xml. The config seems correct.

Hi Alexandre,

I have seen a similar issue where the problem turned out to be the Proxy server defined under Advanced settings >> Cluster View on callmanager. CAn you confirm if that's not the case here as the tftp req might be redirecting to some other server.

HTH

Manish

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

There is no record in Cluster View.

The weird thing is that 8961 contacts the same TFTP as 7925G, and they applied french locale configured in CUCM. But when I capture from CLI on port 69 after reset, I do not see the .cnf.xml in the logs

Oh I see. 8961 phones use port 6970 to get config.

Alright, we have found that the cause of the problem is that 7925 phones initiate TFTP req with source 1024 UDP and dest port 69. The call manager responds to this port (1024 UDP) and it is blocked by our firewall (in the returning path).

Does anybody know why is the phone choosing 1024 UDP as the source port for TFTP requests? It should be an UDP Ephemeral port (for example 50'000 UDP). Why 1024? Is there any "official" range?

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: