Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Cascaded switch use with CER

Is there a way I can attach a cascaded switch (non-smart non-Cisco dumb switch) off a 3750X switch and have them work properly with CER? I have forgotten exactly how the communication process works but I think an individual phone has to register with a switchport for CER to function for 911 calls. If I were to cascade a switch off a 3750x port in the voice vlan, I believe that when I go into CER there will be no cascaded IP phones dangling off that 3750X port. Is there any way around this or a clever solution? 

I want to know if there is a way to configure a 3750X switchport so that the IP phones that are cascaded off this port via a cheaper switch will still function with CER for 911 calls.  The alternative is to cascade a 3750V2 but that is a waste for this site that will only have 2 phones max. We have a remote site that I want to connect via a wireless bridge over a long distance (mile or so). It would in essence be a lan to lan (cascaded switch to switch) connection for 2 phones that would be put in their own elan since they have a different 911 address. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CER will not detect the

CER will not detect the phones attached to non-Cisco switches as it relies on CDP to know where the phones is connected to. So if the phone is plugged into a non CDP switch CER will know nothing about it and your only option would be to use subnet based tracking.

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

CER will not detect the

CER will not detect the phones attached to non-Cisco switches as it relies on CDP to know where the phones is connected to. So if the phone is plugged into a non CDP switch CER will know nothing about it and your only option would be to use subnet based tracking.

Chris

Thanks!  I think that

Thanks!  I think that solution will resolve all my issues!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content