cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccie voice lab dates

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I looked in the Cert threads but they do not look like they are used much so my post is here- maybe not the correct one but...

I`ve passed my written in Sept 09. From memory do I have 18 months for the first lab attempt otherwise my written is cancelled out. After the first attempt I then have another 18 months so my written is valid for 3 years in total - is this correct. I`m trying to arrange my lab dates hence the question

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi IPT,

Here we go my friend

Expiration

Candidates must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. Candidates who do not pass must re-attempt the lab exam within 12 months of their last attempt in order for their written exam to remain valid. If a candidate does not pass the lab exam within three years, the written exam expires and must be passed again before the candidates will be allowed to schedule the lab.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/exam/index.html

Cheers!

Rob

Rob

thanks, I dug a bit deeper and saw that- still trying to work out if it is worth doing it - to redo the recert every2 years as a contractor to end companies it does not seem to gain you much between CCIE and a "VP"