2) UniverCD is getting dicontinued. Does someone know exactly what Cisco documentation (URL) would be available in place of UniverCD and what'll be the restrictions to access the same?
3) If codec sampling rate needs to be changed on H.323 GW (for ex for G.729 from 20ms to 30 ms), should we change only at GW level and CCM will negotiate or both sides need to be changed? How about MGCP Gateway?
4) Do we need to enable spanning-tree portfast on Cat6k port connecting to IP Phones? Say Lab exam doesn't mention but about enabling spanning-tree portfast but it does ask to configure data and voice vlan on IP Phone ports.
5) When using 6608-T1 or E1 with CAS, how can we configure it to use only first three time-slots? Is this done the same way as done for fractional PRI by configuring service parameters or by configuring only 1-3 ports for incoming/outgoing/both directions under MGCP gateway config?
6) When 6608-T1/E1 is configured for CAS, does the lab mention which type of signaling needs to be configured per timeslot for ex. wink-start,delay-start etc. or leave it default to wink-start?
6) In case of H.323 GW, if default channel-selection-order needs to be changed from bottom up to top down, is this need to be changed under isdn interface only or at CCM Gateway confiugration page as well?
1. You do not need to map DSCP-COS..Swithes use COS not dscp hence the need to map incoming dscps to cos for the switches to understand and treat as configured.
3. Codec sampling rate should only be changed on CCM> once this is done, the new rate will take effect. I have done this a few times.
6. Most importantly, you need to change the channel selection order from the gateway. CCM will also use bottom up, regardless of what you change it to, hence you need to m ake the change on the GW for the desired effect.
Please rate all useful posts
"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...