Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) ICT to itself

I am running CCM 4.1(3) and am trying to find a way to route to an IP phone when the PSTN gateway is down.   I created an intercluster trunk in CCM that points to itself (same cluster).   I used this as the second choice route for my PSTN patterns.   I have this running in my lab and it works very well.   As long as I only give the inbound side of the ICT access to a specific partition (so I don't get any loops), does anyone see any problems with this?   Is this a supported configuration by Cisco?   Anyone have any ideas how to do this better or more efficiently?

Thanks,

Glenn

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Thats a workaround for a second PSTN GW or Second trunk

Our recommendation is alternate lines, FXOs or SIP trunks to provider via SBC or SIP Provider directly.

All above using Route Groups and Route Lists

I know SIP Provider includes an extra cost, but we definetly need Outside world access in an event of failure 911 emergency which routing back to an IP Phone does not provide.

Let u sknow your thoughts

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: