Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 4.1.3 sr4b MLA Error

Hi,

I've just integrated a CCM Cluster running 4.1.3 sr4b onto an AD 2003 environment. Everything is working fine apart from MLA which returns the following error when attempting to access the user groups or assign privs to user groups:

"failed to get MultiLevelAdmin UMX object. Error Number: -1 Description: Operations error"

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Kind Regards,

Karl

1 REPLY

Re: CCM 4.1.3 sr4b MLA Error

If you add a vanilla AD user, i.e., a user that was created directly in AD and who doesn't have a Cisco user or application profile, to a MLA group you get errors when subsequently trying to make additional changes in MLA groups, etc.

This issue is because MLA Pages are calling getUserInfo method, with the ignoreProfileException flag set to FALSE.

This means, the MLA Page will throw an exception, if the Profile is missing for any user in the MLA Group.

Solution for this is to call getUserInfo with the ignoreProfileException Flag set to TRUE. I verfied with this change the MLA Groups pages shows up properly.

Need to make changes to the mlaUserGoups.asp page. Change is simple,

Changed the call to getUserInfo.

Old Code:

userInfoList=defUMX.getUserInfo(tUserId, false);

New Code:

userInfoList=defUMX.getUserInfo(tUserId, true);

That file can be located in C:\CiscoWebs\Admin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content