Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CCM 4.2 - Two Network Interfaces

I have two network interfaces on the callmanager server. I would like to use both. I need to create a SIP trunk that listens on both.

What should I do?

7 REPLIES

Re: CCM 4.2 - Two Network Interfaces

I think the only thing you can set up is a bindle for both of the NICs, then configure the SIP trunk to point at the assumed IP address for that group. However, this would only work for redundancy (i.e; one fails, the other takes over.)

-Shikamaru

Actually I'm using one interface for everything except for this specific SIP trunk. For this trunk I need to use the other. How do I allow this?

Why are you trying to do this?

-Shikamaru

It's only a solution design's issue. It's a front-end/back-end topology.

I don't think segmenting a SIP trunk to a different interface solves anything. If you're concerned with redundancy, you can solve that with a NIC bundle. In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is going to cause a LOT more trouble than it will fix.

-Shikamaru

Silver

so are you going to configure private IP on the local interface (first NIC) for say IP phones and a public IP on the outside interface (second NIC) for SIP trunk to be reachable by internet without being behinfd NAT?

/majdi

It's not for redundancy.

Both NIC's are private but one "belongs" to the front-end and the other to the back-end.

Views
Helpful
Replies